In order to create a mirror of the repository required for a Interset 5.x installation, You must download a software bundle from https://repo.interset.com/ (contact Interset Support for required access credentials and exact file path). For versions prior to 5.9 the bundle is available for download as a tar file located in the /<version>/interset directory as repo<version>.tar. With the release of 5.9 the bundles have been moved to the /<version>/interset/download directory and the file names have been changed to interset-<HDP or CDH>-<version>.tar, download either the HDP or CDH bundle depending on the desired hadoop platform. HDP is the recommended download package if there is not a specific hadoop requirement.
Following the download, please ensure that the md5 and/or sha256 checksums match those available in the same directory the tarball was downloaded from. For example, the checksums for repo570.tar are available in the same directory as repo570.tar.md5 and repo570.tar.sha256.
The downloaded tar file should be extracted to the root level of your repository (e.g. /var/www/html/).
If you do not already have a repository configured, you can configure the httpd service on any machine to act as one.
Note: We recommend that this not be done on the same machine as Interset Reporting or Interset Endpoint are installed on to avoid port conflicts.
- Install httpd (Apache web server) if not installed - sudo yum install httpd -y
- Download the tarball noted above
- Extract the tarball to /var/www/html and ensure that all files/directories are owned by apache:hadoop
- Modify /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to include the follow values in the <Directory "/var/www/html"> definition:
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
Allow from all
Note: These will allow for anonymous access and directory browsing of the root level of the repository.
- Run a config test to ensure that the config is working properly by executing apachectl configtest. If the resulting value is "Syntax OK" continue, otherwise correct the issues identified.
- Restart httpd by running sudo service httpd restart.
- Confirm that you can access the repository by hitting http://<repository_server> in a web browser.