FileTrek Chrome Tracker is a browser extension that can be disabled on a computer by users. Domain Group Policy can be configured to prevent users from deleting or disabling this Add-ins.
Windows Server 2008
- Log-in to the Domain Controller and Click Start, Administrative Tools, Group Policy Management
- Edit the Default Domain Policy. It is presumed that the registry value for all domain users will be changed. If only a specific group of users need this restriction, a new Organizational Unit may be created and linked to a new Group Policy, then the appropriate Group Policy would be edited.
- In the left pane, expand User Configuration, Preferences, Windows Settings and click on Registry
- From menu bar, Click on Action, New, Registry Item
- From Action, select Update
- From Hive, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- In the key path, enter: Software\Policies\Google\Chrome
- In Value name, enter: IncognitoModeAvailability
- From Value type, select REG_DWORD
- In Value data enter
- Click Apply and OK
- Close the Group Policy Management